Sunday, November 11, 2007

 

It been a long time

The last time I wrote we had just gone off to Cyprus on holiday.

All I can say is if you get the chance to go there, then go now! For a Brit its the ideal holiday destination as everyone speaks English, the plug sockets are the same at home, and the weather is warm. There is Sky TV on in many bars, so you don't even have to miss the football!

I left thinking I could live here. My friends had a superb house, and I had mentally bought one in the same street. Every morning I used to sit on the terrace drinking coffee, and watch the world go by. I was fascinated by the different characters. As a young man I read the Don Camillo books, with their accounts of village life and characters. This ordinary street in Larnaka seemed filled with similar folk. I used to imagine their stories as I sat and read. Captain Corelli's Mandolin is a similiar book if you've ever read that.

Very soon it was back to work.

Since January I have been working as a school nurse in a special school in Birmingham. I work 4 days a week, Tuesday to Friday, and have all the school holidays off. It is a fantastic job. I work with a fantastic group of nurses, it is very busy and I often find that the day has flown by.

Compared to my situation last year, my life is 100% better!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?