Monday, February 17, 2014

 

Half term is here and I need a break!

I'm a special school nurse so I get school holidays off. Like most things it's a blessing and a curse. It means more holidays (which I pay for through the way my days are structured- so you can stop sniping about how unfair it is..) However, its in school holidays so the it's much more expensive..

Part of this is countered by going to non tourist places, and partially by staying in places that most families wouldn't go to. My holidays tend to be in big cities and I stay in hostels and B&B's.

I'm coming to the end of a very busy half term, going in early and finishing late just to get what needed to be done finished. I'm not disorganised, there is too much to do for one person alone. My job was previously done by 1.5 people and you cannot fill that gap with being more efficient.

I spent most of my childhood holidays being told how grateful I should be to have a holiday, and having time pass with the aim of spending as little money as possible. When you've spent a day on a beach at Skegness in a arctic gale, wearing coats and gloves and have to stay there because you're on holiday. Even at age 10 I was thinking "This isn't right" and "This is a holiday?"

I travel a lot now because for most of my life for many reasons I couldn't. Where to next ?

"New York, London, Paris, Munich..."



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?